Selling a home can be difficult. It will likely involve some stress, and tough decisions. Keep these points in mind as you get ready to sell your Ann Arbor home.
Seller, Thou Shalt Not:
- “Test the Market” or “Tell them to bring offers”
- Hire an agent without a strong marketing plan (ed.- or professional marketing system)
- Make showings inconvenient for the buyer
- Ask your real estate agent to cut his commission
- Leave your Star Trek action figure collection set up in the den
- Hire your mom’s best friend’s cousin’s daughter Sally to represent you
- Listen to your neighbors when they tell you to price your home a little higher
- Leave “updates” like removing gold flocked wallpaper to the buyer so that they can “put in what they want”
- Defer maintenance items
- Try to sell “By Owner”
- Allow your agent to use cell phone images to market your property
- Overvalue your home
- Only trust online valuations of your home
- Think that your home is listed – believe that your home is for sale. The sooner you recognize that your home is going on the open market to be sold, and accept that your home will one day soon be someone else’s home, you will not see these points as mere suggestions, but as the genetic code necessary for causing a home to be sold!